Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you have seen during your visits to our office. Rest assured that our practice has taken (and will continue to take) steps to go above and beyond the recommended CDC and ADA guidelines.
These additional measures are to ensure the safety and peace of mind for everyone who walks through our doors and to reduce any possible risk of exposure. Please take time to read and digest the actions we’re taking to protect our patients, team and community.
- We ask that patients reschedule if they are feeling sick or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to coronavirus in the past 14 days.
- We will continue to maintain social distancing in our practice. All patients must wear a facemask prior to entering our office and keep their mask on until seated in the dental chair.
- In an effort to keep our waiting room clear, we ask that patients arrive on time and unaccompanied (if possible) for their appointment.
- All patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office and can expect to have their temperature taken prior to treatment. Anyone with a fever will be asked to reschedule.
- Our staff will be wearing necessary personal protective equipment (PPE), including the use of face shields during procedures.
- Our staff is tested for coronavirus on a weekly basis.
- We have added medical grade HEPA air filters in all rooms and placed plexi barriers at our reception counter. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and antibacterial hand soaps/sinks will be available throughout the office.
- We will be providing extra time to appointments to allow for proper social distancing as well as enhanced operatory sterilization.